Engineer by designation, Musician by definition

Engineer by designation, Musician by definition

Tashya's Ink

Tashya's Ink
My band

Saturday, May 8, 2010

What a week!

Dear blog,

This week has been very hectic. Like, crazy hectic. Took a trip down to JB with my boss on Tuesday. Luckily we didn't drive, he opted that we take a flight down. Now I know why people say going on Air Asia domestic flights is just like taking a super hyper speed bus. Memang betul-betul macam naik bus. The plane itself pun Airbus. Literally, you just check-in, get the tickets (which looks like a bus ticket to me), wait to board and BAM!!! You're on your way. Its nothing like the elegant, expensive feel of going on MAS.

Anyway, we met up with my bosses business partners aka My bros as he like to call them. It was fun but at the same time it was quite fucked up. All of them have their own piece of mind and opinion. So basically, I just follow them around and just listen. When asked for opinion, i gave. Just like a robot. I'd like to write in more details about the trip but I'm too lazy. Maybe one day.

Anyway, the best part about this week was that I finally got my dream guitar. And I gotta tell you, it feels, sounds and looks freakin' awesome! Even better than I remembered (I used to go to The Guitar Shop and try it out). I can't wait to try it out in the jamming studio and play live. Now my focus will shift to my pedalboard.

Last night I bought the Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Tuner. So now I'm not worried of going out of tune anymore. Its very simple and very sensitive, a highly recommended pedal to those guitarist out there. I was hoping that I could get a Wah pedal or Phaser but after deducting my first pay of all the things I need to give and pay, I guess I'll have to buy it next month.

I think that its quite fucked up that I won't have any money to save by the end of the month. Might as well don't work. Haish, probably I really need to find a better job with better pay. Or hope that my band would finally become famous and get all the money just like a rockstar. But that is going to take a lot of work, which I'm afraid I might not be able to cope with the workload I get from my current job. But to be successful, I guess some sacrifices need to be made. The question is, which sacrifice should I make? For my passion or for my job?

I just hope that whatever sacrifice I make will give me happiness and obviously, money for me to survive this harsh (but beautiful) life.

No comments:

Post a Comment