Engineer by designation, Musician by definition

Engineer by designation, Musician by definition

Tashya's Ink

Tashya's Ink
My band

Saturday, May 1, 2010

CPU tantrums and guitar gallore

I really need to buy a new pc. For the past 5 to 6 months, the CPU has been crashing and crashing and crashing. I'm afraid that one day my HD is gonna fail and i won't have the opportunity to save all my personal stuff, mp3 and video collection. I don't have the money to buy a new one. I need to use the money to buy my guitar pedals. Right now my pedals are a Vox Satchurator, which is an awesome Distortion/Overdrive pedal. It has only 3 knobs to control, Gain, Tone and Volume and it has one small switch which is called the Pad switch. The function of this is for those who have very hot pickups. Somehow it compensate those pickups so that you won't get those annoying hissing sound (i think). This pedal really packs a punch. Either for rhythm work or solos, it really melts your face. You can get that Joe Satriani kinda tone or you can really get that metal sound and even get that crunchy ala Marshall amp. Its very versatile and I LOVE IT!

Next is a new addition to my pedal collection (not that I have tonnes of it), the Keeley Compressor Clone pedal. You might be wondering what clone means. It is custom made by Lynnesmy (a guy from jamtank). He does custom-made pedals, from ODs to Comps to Modulation pedals. Anyway, the Keeley Comp is a really great pedal. What a compressor does is that it limits the louder sounding frequency and it boost the lower frequency, even up the levels of both frequency. Which is great if you want to either boost your sound or lower down the gain. And it serves as a booster during clean sounds. A must for guitarist especially when you wanna play that cool solo. The compressor makes your note more clear and less distorted. To house my pedals I bought a pedalcase, which looks so much cooler and more professional rather than using a gig bag.

Next on my hunt list is a Korg Pitchblack Chromatic tuner for obvious reasons (I can't live without my tuner!). Then I'm gonna get either a Noah's Ark Orange-A-Phaser or EVH Phase 90 pedal. I would love to get a T-Rex Tremonti Phase but that would cost me around RM1300. Then I'm gonna get the Wah Wah pedal that I've been longing for awhile. Its the Morley Mark Tremonti Signature Wah. Awesome awesome pedal. I can't wait to get my new baby. Its a PRS Tremonti Se fitted with Dimarzio Tone Zone Pickup. The best part, its brand new and its platinum colour. Its gonna be a sick guitar for me. You might realize that I mentioned a few times the name Mark Tremonti. I'm somewhat a huge fan and he is one of my main influence together with Slash. They really made me the guitarist I am nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment