Engineer by designation, Musician by definition

Engineer by designation, Musician by definition

Tashya's Ink

Tashya's Ink
My band

Monday, May 31, 2010

Finally an update!

Hey world,

It has been awhile since I last updated my blog. Fortunately, alot of things happened since the last post. Where should I start? A couple of weeks ago, my friends and I hiked up at this beautiful place called Broga Hills, Semenyih. Not that difficult to hike up but nonetheless there were some pretty slippery areas on the way up. But all those just disappeared once you reach the top. A place like that reminded me how great Allah SWT really is. How a view like that just brings you down to earth, making you realize that you are just one speck of dust, insignificant. With the company of great friends, it made the journey even more sweeter. We started our hike at around 530 am in the morning, reaching the top around 620 am. By that time there were so many people. Its like going to a shopping mall. I guess that's the only downside, it's too crowded. We came back down around 8-ish am and made our way to the nearest mamak for breakfast. Stayed and talked, even telling some ghostly stories. Owh, bear in mind, at this time I still haven't slept yet. And to make things more interesting, before the trip to Broga I had a futsal session. So you can imagine how my knees felt. Went back home around 11 am, had my shower and slept like a baby.

We ended up going there again the following week. This time with more friends. And again, I didn't sleep and had futsal before the trip. Started our journey from home at 330 am, reached there around 415 am. Hiked up at 430 and reached the top by 5 am (I think). The stars were still up in the sky, just like in the Incubus song Wish You Were Here. "The sky is back lit canopy with holes punched in it". Again, it made me realize the Greatness of Allah SWT. We didn't stay up that long and take pictures that much up there like the last time. I guess the thrill wasn't there anymore after conquering Broga much easier this time. Nonetheless, it was still fun.

On Saturday, I had a recording session with my band, Tashya's Ink. Well, it was just Tashya and me. Just a simple acoustic recording session and our friend/manager, Bari's condo in Damansara Perdana. We recorded one song, Yang Ku Mahu. Hopefully I can upload that song on cravecharts soon. After that, Tashya and I rushed to Subang Jaya for our jamming session with a new bassist and drummer. I was quite excited to jam dully because I can finally test out my new guitar and also to try out our second drum hopeful. The session went really well and we had alot of fun. I'm glad to announce that Zarul Ikwan aka Ike and Syarizwan aka Wan are our new addition to the band. I've known Ike for quite some time actually and his reputation as a really awesome bassist and fast learner had already made up Tashya's and my mind that he is the bassist to replace another great bass player, Nakim. The both of us don't really know Wan, I got his contacts through Jamtank. He replied my ad for a new drummer and so far, he's a great guy. I hope this time things will start to fall right into place. With the new lineup, we can finally start recording our EP and hopefully, tour Malaysia and the rest of the world.

God, Let this year be the year for us to fulfill our dreams. Let us be successful in doing what we love. And let it continue for as long as possible. Amin....

No comments:

Post a Comment