Engineer by designation, Musician by definition

Engineer by designation, Musician by definition

Tashya's Ink

Tashya's Ink
My band

Sunday, May 2, 2010

PRS Tremonti SE Platinum with Dimarzio Pickups at Bridge Position

I can't believe I'll be getting my dream guitar. I've been wanting this guitar for a long long time ever since I became a fan of Mark Tremonti from my favourite bands Alter Bridge and Creed. In fact, I've been a fan of PRS (Paul Reed Smith) guitars from the first time I saw it back in 1999 or 2000-ish. Back then only a handful of people used PRS guitars. People like Santana, Linkin Park, Collective Soul and Mark Tremonti. But nowadays, PRS have become one of the major players in the guitar business. What makes PRS so special is the shape of the guitar, the tone it produces as well as top notch paint job and of course the iconic bird inlays and headstock.



Basically there are two standards of the PRS guitars. One is the uber expensive, top of the line PRS USA made which can easily cost you RM12.5k a guitar. These USA made ones are the ones pro musicians/artists use. My ultimate wishlist guitar is the Mark Tremonti Model. It has his signature bass and treble pickups, his name on the headstock (it used to be on the 12th fret), a tremolo bar with routing so you can either pull up or push down the tremolo bar and of course, an array of awesome and beautiful colour scheme.


Then you have the PRS SE models which are made in Korea. But don't be fooled by the country it's made in, the quality of this guitar can match any guitar in the market out there, with a little modifications. So the one I'm getting is the Tremonti SE model. It has 3 colours to choose from, Black, Natural and Platinum. It doesn't have the Tremonti Signature bass and treble pickups but a pair of standard PRS design pickups. Just a simple change of pickups to better one and you'll be on your way rocking your ass off! I've been going to guitar shops and playing it but never thought that I would one day own it. The best part is, I'm getting it as a birthday present from my mom's friend. The colour I chose is Platinum because black is just everywhere and I'm not a big fan of the natural colour. The only downside of the this guitar is that it doesn't have the tremolo bar with routing. That would be a cool addition to an already impressive guitar.


Beautiful isn't it? Well, to me anyways. It looks so much better in real life then in picture. I've also requested Dead Eye (which is the guy I'm buying from, he has an online guitar shop so you guys can order any guitar you want) to install a good pickup. He suggested a DiMarzio Tone Zone pickups which I read about it in various websites and watched videos and I gotta say, it sounds awesome. So I can't wait to finally get my hands on this awesome guitar on Monday. Can't wait to rock out with my band Tashya's Ink with this guitar. If you want more information about PRS guitars and their other impressive array of guitars, go to their website here.

Well, I guess that's it from me today. Probably I'll write more about my band Tashya's Ink in the next post. I'll also write about my favourite bands and musicians as well as my favourite team Manchester United. There are so many things to share so I guess I'll have to write one by one. Don't forget to check out all the links I've put in here and visit my sponsors too.

Adios Amigos


No comments:

Post a Comment