Engineer by designation, Musician by definition

Engineer by designation, Musician by definition

Tashya's Ink

Tashya's Ink
My band

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Iron Man 2 Review


What an appropriate first review from me. Watched Iron Man 2 with my buddies at Cineleisure Damansara tonight. I was really looking forward to this movie along with Prince of Persia. I would say that this movie is more of character building kinda storyline instead of all action-packed movie. It shows the different side of Tony Stark and his relationship with Pepper Potts and obviously his fame as being known as Iron Man to the world. Scarlett Johansson is absolutely hot in this movie. Even a guy sitting behind me was breathing heavily when she was flipping some guy around like a toy. Don Cheadle plays as Rhodey, Tony's best friend and War Machine, which in my honest opinion looks way cooler and badass than the Iron suit. Mickey Rourke is the villain of the movie known as Whiplash. I'd say he did quite a good job at it but the down part is that he died too easily and the fighting sequence between him and the 2 Iron dudes was too quick. They actually had a tougher time fighting with the drones than Whiplash.

There are a few references to the next big Marvel Studios movie in Iron Man 2. Obviously it was all pointing to The Avengers movie coming up next year and Captain America as well as The Mighty Thor. It looks pretty promising from Marvel if they can keep coming up with movies as awesome as Iron Man. I hope it won't be a disappointment like Elektra or Daredevil. Well, I guess what I'm trying to say here is that Iron Man 2 is definitely a watch. Its way better than Clash of The Titan but falls short behind Kick-Ass. To compare to the first movie, I would say the first one was better. Nonetheless, the action sequence and CGI was absolutely the bomb. A definite 4/5 stars for me.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment