Engineer by designation, Musician by definition

Engineer by designation, Musician by definition

Tashya's Ink

Tashya's Ink
My band

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tashya's Ink Maldives Trip

Wow, its a new year already. So many things had happened from my last blog (I keep writing this every time I write a new blog). In my last blog I mentioned that we won the Malaysia Breakout Showcase and got the chance to go to Maldives to play at the Maldives Breakout Festival. We went and we conquered. It was beyond words. The place was so beautiful, met with some great people and bands, played our hearts out even though I was sick as hell during the show. But I wasn't gonna let my sickness take away this chance to play at an international event. Everybody should really check out Rock Paper Scissors from Maldives. Those guys are awesome, as individuals and also as a band. Very humble and friendly. I miss them very much. Also, anyone reading this blog should really check out Steranko and Endeavours. Great bands and great people from England. Full of energy and charisma. We were having a tough time just to keep up with them. But I think the highlight is meeting with FASY. Such a great yet humble guitarist. He's like the MJ of Maldives. The biggest star there. To be able to watch him play (he's the guitarist of Steranko) is magical. He's magical and full of emotion when playing the guitar. I learned a lot from him. Currently, he's my No. 1 guitar player. And to know that he acknowledges me as a guitar player, is totally out of this world.

Not to forget the people from ProDG: Azfa, Faisal and Mel. They were great organizers. And we became great friends as well. Totally enjoyed our time with them in Maldives. Its fortunate that we share the same kepala. hahahah. Thank you so much to: Azfa for taking care of us. Faisal for making us sound really good and sharing with us your experience in the music industry and also to Mel for taking great shots of us playing and being a fun person. Kudos to all of you.

Also not forgetting Shahril and team and our label Tonezest for supporting us throughout the whole ordeal. Thank you for believing in our cause and making sure everything is in place. You guys are awesome.

All in all, the Maldives trip was a very humbling and exciting experience. I never thought that I would make friends with such great people. It really inspires you to be a better musician and a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment